In addition to the excellent cardiology and vascular screenings and services Dr. Stevens provides at Premier Heart & Vein Care, there is another service you may not know about — concierge medicine. His is the only concierge specialist hybrid plan on the Central Coast, so let’s get into this in November’s blogs.
What is concierge medicine?
Concierge medicine provides a much more personalized delivery of healthcare than is typically offered by our system in the United States. The aim of concierge medicine is to provide a much more customized solution for our patients’ healthcare needs. With this approach, Dr. Stevens can give patients expanded focus on healthy living, wellness, and preventive care. Patients enjoy better access through expanded hours, longer office visits, and direct phone or email contact with Dr. Stevens.
This is a much different approach than our overall health care system provides. It can be a great solution for men and women with busy schedules that don’t always fit into the narrow windows of access provided in many medical systems.
What does concierge medicine include?
Concierge medicine includes the same services as traditional medicine, as well as enhanced options such as…
- Same-day and next-day visits for urgent issues
- Prompt appointments and extended, unhurried visits along with national access to other Concierge Choice physicians when traveling
- Expanded annual physicals tailored to each patient’s unique health needs and goals
- Emphasis on wellness and disease prevention
- Personalized nutritional and fitness evaluations, lifestyle advice, and guidance
- Additional recommended screenings beyond traditional health insurance inclusions
- Advocacy and coordination of care with specialists as needed
- Direct telephone and email access, even after hours and on weekends
- USB memory stick containing regularly updated personal medical information including EKG results, lists of allergies, medical test results, a list of current known medical issues, diagnostic reports, and emergency medical information
Can anyone join?
Any patient can join the concierge program by enrolling and paying the annual fee. But there is a limited number of slots, as this is important for Dr. Stevens to give every patient the requisite time and attention to his or her unique needs.
In November’s second blog, we’ll get into our concierge medicine program a little more. Until then, if you have any questions or need to make an appointment, please give us a call at (805) 540-3333.