The anticoagulation clinic helps to monitor patients who are prescribed medications such as warfarin, low-molecular weight heparin, and the novel anticoagulants (NOAC) such as Xarelto and Eliquis.
What Are Anticoagulants?
Anticoagulants are used to prevent and treat blood clots in patients who have mechanical heart valves or serious conditions such as atrial fibrillation, deep venous thrombosis (DVT) and pulmonary embolism. Serious bleeding complications can occur while taking anticoagulant medication. Careful monitoring is necessary in order to provide safe and effective treatment.
Advantages of Anticoagulation Services at Premier Heart and Vein Care
The Anticoagulation Clinic strives to optimize patient care by:
- Closely monitoring INR (international normalized ratio) blood test results
- Adjusting medication dosage
- Providing education about anticoagulant usage
- Monitoring for potential drug/diet interactions
- Orchestrating fingerstick testing to allow from home testing and thus avoiding trips for laboratory draws.
Schedule a Consultation With a Anticoagulation Specialist
To learn more about Anticoagulants or the various treatments Premier Heart and Vein Care offers, or to determine whether you are a candidate to be monitored, schedule a consultation with our office today! Call 805-540-3333 or fill out the Consultation Request Form and our staff will help you arrange your appointment. Our practice serves San Luis Obispo and the surrounding areas, and we look forward to meeting you!