Premier Heart and Vein Care is pleased to add its concierge program to the practice, partnering with Concierge Choice. It is currently the only concierge specialist hybrid plan on the Central Coast, and one of the very few specialist programs combining cardiology, phlebology, and internal medicine in the country.
What is concierge medicine?
The aim of concierge medicine is to provide a more customized solution for healthcare with a greater focus on healthy living, wellness, and preventive care, as well as increased access, support and advocacy not available under standard medical insurance benefits. As a very personalized system of healthcare, concierge medicine offers greater access through expanded hours, longer office visits and direct phone or email contact with the physician – options that can be extremely convenient for men and women with busy lives and crowded schedules. Concierge programs are typically available on a membership basis that provides access to extra services and care options.
What does concierge medicine include?
Concierge medicine includes the same services as traditional medicine as well as enhanced options like:
- Same-day and next-day visits for urgent issues
- Prompt appointments and extended, unhurried visits along with national access to other Concierge Choice physicians when travelling
- Expanded annual physicals tailored to each patient's unique health needs and goals
- Emphasis on wellness and disease prevention
- Personalized nutritional and fitness evaluations, lifestyle advice and guidance
- Additional recommended screenings beyond traditional health insurance inclusions; refer to the Precision Medicine and Pharmacogenetics link on the practice website
- Advocacy and coordination of care with specialists as needed
- Direct telephone and email access, even after hours and on weekends
- USB memory stick containing regularly updated personal medical information including EKG results, lists of allergies, medical test results, a list of current known medical issues, diagnostic reports and emergency medical information
- The only practice on the Central Coast offering advanced testing such as the Galleri test and ActX genetic testing. Act X is incorporated directly into Athena, our EMR, to look for adverse genetic medicine interactions, amongst other applications.
Will you still bill my insurance company?
Insurance billing, co-pays, and deductibles will still apply to services normally provided under the patient's insurance provider plan, but additional concierge services are all included in the annual membership fee.
Can anyone join?
Any patient can join the concierge program by enrolling and paying the annual fee; however, membership is limited to ensure every concierge patient receives ample time and attention to their unique needs. Concierge medicine is focused on providing personalized, “old-fashioned” attention to detail that extends far beyond the limitations of insurance and government medical plans, and men and women of all ages can benefit from this enhanced level of care. Patients are encouraged to call the office to learn more.
What is the annual fee?
The annual fee is $1800, or less than $5 daily. The fee is much more competitive than some of the other concierge programs on the Central Coast which charge as much as $4500 annually, with the practice providing service, knowledge and expertise offered nowhere else in the region.